View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
nmd

I'm the drunk in my immediate family. My parents and siblings all drink very moderately. That makes things easy around my family in the sense that I never feel compelled to drink around family, but makes my situation more embarrassing for me. It shouldn't I guess, but it does. Even at 40, I don't want my family dissapointed in me.

Cissy and casey, I can't imagine dealing with a friends death at such a young age.

I didn't really have childhood trauma. I was raised in a pretty conservative catholic household and I didn't really discover myself until I was in my 20s and on my own, and drinking was part of it. My parents did a good job scaring me out of drinking, but once the bug bit me, I was a bad drinker. It just took me a while for it to turn into every day drinking, probably around the time my kids were born 11 years ago.

Since then I had a 1 month period sober in 2010 and abouy 3 months last September 2014. Letting myself go back to drinking was a horrible mistake. I hate how hard it is to stop.

Well, heading to bed, the end of my 3rd sober day. Goodnight all