View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
nymets86

Yeah, I'm already feeling a bit better. Didn't really have any energy at the gym and am gonna just get in bed now and allow myself to relax. Not quite sure why I'm in this funk, but it's certainly a lot better than waking up with horrible hangovers and worrying non-stop about what I might have said or done while intoxicated.

I think in addition to the weight loss amount being lower than I'd hoped for, I'm also spending way too much time looking at my investment portfolio, which given what's going on in Greece and China, is taking an absolute beating. Obviously, I'm extremely fortunate to be able to save enough to have investments, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me that I've been losing (on paper) the equivalent of a full paycheck like every other day as the market swoons and my gains from the last year or so are being erased. I know it's impossible to time the market, so I'm not going to panic and sell. In fact, I'm trying to look at this on the bright side and use the deflated prices as an opportunity to take some money from my checking account and buy more ETFs.

Tomorrow will be a new day. I'll try not to open my trading account and I won't step on a scale, will just look in the mirror and see how much healthier I look and then be happy putting on my work clothes that now fit properly, even a tad loose and not that crappy feeling of everything being too tight and just dying to get home at the end of the day to put on something that fits.