View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
1stepup

Thanks for the welcome back guys, think there was some confusion with my last post, Im on the evening of day 17, I managed 3months sober until May 3rd but then caved and drank for 7weeks, so still early days but Im getting there.

Went to look after my girls before at my ex's whilst she went to dentist, and have just got back in now. Feel a bit flat tonight despite having a productive day, wanting the days and weeks to go by quickly so I can get back to that 3month mark but I know that's not the best way of living!

Spoken to my sponsor and am back in the rooms of AA, and posting here, I had a week from hell in that last week of sobriety and it was one bad day after another, no excuses but I felt like I couldn't handle the stress, and felt so worried I felt like I couldn't breathe, even went to a meeting that morning but by then I think my head had already made the decision to drink.

I need to learn from this and ride the wave of emotion if and when stressful things come my way again, because they do pass- sadly by the time they did pass I'd already picked up and was on the merry-go-round again.

Looking forward now though....