View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
KaleGrrl

I know Trimpey is very against AA and devotes a good portion of his book to it, which I've skipped since I never went to AA meetings. But I don't have that opinion. I believe in the WW method (Whatever Works) lol.

I believe this will work for me--I'll be able to ignore the AV in a successful way.

And Crissy, it works very well with faith. Turn away from the AV and turn towards Christ (for someone who's Christian). Simple. It's just that a number of people who are into AVRT/RR are agnostic or atheists, probably because they can't buy into the higher power aspect of AA or other reasons. Anyway, when I subscribed to RR for a month some years ago, Trimpey himself wrote me saying that my faith is going to be a very important part of my Big Plan/abstinence. He in no way put my faith down and he thought it was a good thing. I wasn't as ready then because I didn't believe I had a problem that was that bad. And I didn't then, but it got worse over time from increased tolerance and now it's no way I want to live any more.