View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Starting day 62 now. Did not sleep good last night. Just couldn't fall asleep even though I was very tired. Think I finally fell asleep around three in the morning. Trying to get motivated to get moving this morning as I want to go to a noon AA meeting. I'm off work today so no other plans to speak of. Also off tomorrow. I need to do laundry at some point--that point will more than likely be tomorrow. In fact, I know it will be tomorrow.

4thekidz -- I haven't experienced much in the way of PAWS this time, as far as I can tell, and I've very seldom put together enough continuous sobriety time in the past to know if what I was feeling was post acute withdrawal symptoms or was just plain old fashioned crazy addiction talk and self-justification. Have you talked with your doctor about your being uncomfortable with how these drugs are making you feel? I don't know anything about various psychiatric drugs but there has to be some drug out there that would help but doesn't give you that feeling.

I do also know that the vast majority of people I've talked to with longer term sobriety all mention that three months seems to be a bit of a magic number (I hate to use that term but can't think of anything better) when a lot of good mental and physical changes occur. For whatever that is worth. We're both well on our way to the mark.

I'm glad you're staying sober regardless and proud of you for seeking help.

AllieK -- have a good day at work.

KaleGrrl -- so glad you made it back in here.

Hope everyone has a happy and sober Wednesday! And remember you don't have to take that first drink no matter what.