View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
brandie27

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post

Since I can't speak for anyone else? I've been RIGHT where you are many times. I give you a !

I started several Threads here on my countdown to one year! It helped keep me on track and honest with myself! I didn't want to have to come here and announce I screwed up! I'd had a couple of dreams about using too! They were SOOOO real! I posted the stories on the other Thread(s)!

Everybody is different in how long it takes them to feel better! My mind always woke up before my energy came back! I'd find all sorts of things to occupy my mind. Watching TV, listening to music/videos, reading a series of books, going thru stacks of paperwork piled up, cleaning out boxes and drawers I could sit down to do! I actually got a lot accomplished by doing these things. It also gave my body time to heal and regenerate! Don't over do it! You don't want to put yourself into a mind frame the DOC would help you to do more!

Going thru withdrawals/detoxes just isn't something I want to do again. As long as I don't use the pain meds? I don't have to worry about that happening ever again!

Best wishes to you brandie! I wish you lots of hope to get past the need/want for your DOC! They steal our money, home, relationships, possessions and life! It just isn't worth it!

TOD
Its funny you mention going through the stacks of paperwork that piled up, for three years I've swore to myself the opiates definitely helped me feel like I had everything together....what a joke I've been telling myself. I'm finally able to see things clear headed and man oh man has my life become a huge mess! The drug dreams, its comforting to know I'm not the only one who has those! For the first ten or so days I swear thats all I dreamed about, and your right, they feel so intensely real. Thank God those are finally going away.