View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Gilmer

When I picked up my dad Monday from the nursing home, he was very feeble and couldn't support himself. We had to lift him to the bathroom, etc. We knew that we are definitely beyond our capacity for competent care. He was even worse today.

Today the appraisers from the dementia care facility came and checked him out officially. He qualified as an appropriate member of the community. We just have to switch hospices and get a new hospital bed in his room--and he'll be ready to move in. Probably Friday, or Thursday at the earliest. They will have a dresser and a chair at the place until we can move his more familiar furniture in on Saturday (the furniture he's had since the 50s).

Meanwhile, while we're waiting, we have hired a home health care service to come in tomorrow through Friday from 8-4. The lady is trained to assist with Depends, lifting, light housekeeping, meal preparation, bathing, dressing and grooming, and companionship. What a huge relief it will be to have her here!

The amazing thing is that there is actually an agency whose specialty it is to provide extensive care when you need it as long as you need it at the drop of a hat!

And the price is a bargain for the services they provide! We could not believe how reasonable it was! They deserve triple the price!

I am absolutely floored and so grateful to the Lord. What seemed like an impossible situation just melted away like ice cream on a hot day!