View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Originally Posted by 4thekidz View Post
Casey, we do have the same date but I guess I figured I need to get thru yesterday, which I barely did.

I am now a three-time graduate of day 60.
Barely counts just as much as sprinting. Recovery is not a race or competition. One day at a time is all we have. Congrats on 60 days! I believe the hundreds and hundreds of active long-term recovering addicts on these forums that say it gets easier with time and work. And I believe in my own experience that drinking doesn't get any better the more I do it. Hang in there, we're on the right track.

Ginamarie -- I'm sure you are doing so already but keep all those important files backed up somewhere else if you think your laptop is going to die. I lost an important hard drive last year that I'm still trying to recover stuff from.

Cissy -- Tornadoes are pretty scary stuff for exactly the reason you say--they can come up so fast. It's been a long time since I've been in one--last one I can think of was Memorial Day 1995 but that one was the worst. I was actually sitting across town in a movie theater when I heard there was a bad tornado coming. I decided to speed across town in my beautiful old 1967 Mustang (man, I want another hot rod) to get home before it hit. Should have stayed in the theater as that side of town didn't get anything but rain and my neighborhood was right in the path of the tornado. My house was OK except for a lot of hail damage to the roof and a few broken windows but there were two buildings less than a block away that were completely leveled. And my beautiful car got some hail damage too.

If your sister doesn't want the e-cig, just throw it away. It's like having a bottle of booze around--completely unnecessary risk.

You seem to like to really plan things out--maybe completely plan your meals for the next few days and see if you can stick to that? I don't know much about eating problems. I don't have the best diet in the world but don't have the worst either but am blessed with a pretty good metabolism and a lot of folks who lived to a very old age on both sides of my family. Though my mom did die at age 58 but she had a lot of weird health and mental issues so who knows with her.

nmd -- I just got back from an AA meeting and one of the guys there with seven or eight years sober had a good talk about that addictive need for perfectionism and obsession. Reminded me of what you had to say just now.

AllieK -- enjoy your pizza!

Nap time now. Talk to you all later.