Old 07-07-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
LBrain

well done on 2 months casey...

I'm taking a break from 'vacation' planning. Mostly spending hours looking at fishing stuff. I printed the tide charts for the surrounding areas - varies by as much as fifteen minutes up and down with 10 foot tides average. Been studying harbor charts - NOAA site is sloooooooooooowwww. Copied pdf file then copied a page then zoomed and was able to make myself a set of charts around the island I'm camping on. Next is to synch my gps or at least make sure it works. It's not too reliable, - plus have compass will travel - Magnetic north is about 17 degrees shy of true north in Casco Bay in case you're interested.

FG - yes, friction grip sounds about right. It is tied similar to those chinese finger locks you get at novelty shops - sort of.

My priorities seem to be in the right place. Get my fishing act together, and soon think about getting 'other' stuff ready.
It's exciting to be planning something and not half drunk and worrying about how close a beer store will be - or a bottle store.
I am totally relaxed and not stressed one bit about this trip. If I forget something, oh well, guess it wasn't that important. Didn't even make a list, just using the old Brain brain.
Have a few things to do around the compound. And pick some blueberries to take along. Let's see how my homegrown blues stand up to the famous Maine blueberries. Hoping to catch a fish the first day so we have something to eat. A nice striper should feed us for the week. Also packing some venison back strap - just for a snack.
I'm rambling but getting a little 'excited' about 'my fishing trip' and her 'whale watching, puffin watching, tide pool watching, paddle board falling off of' trip.