View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
nymets86

Yeah, my slip was a Wednesday night in April. Still think about it quite a bit. Obviously think about that Wednesday night in February where I got hospitalized a lot more. It's just absurd that I drank so much that that I needed to be sent to the hospital. I'm a grown up. That's just unacceptable.

Anyway, I weighed myself yesterday and I'm down an additional 2 pounds. I didn't even want to get on the scale at my heaviest, but I suspect the total weight loss is about 17 pounds now. I'll be honest, I was hoping to be down 5-8 more, not just 2. I think the key is to just be more careful about portion control and eating late at night. I'm totally fine up until 5PM and have been doing Clif Bar lunches, but I do snack too much at night (gummy bears are my biggest vice) and while I thought the ponds were flying off since I'm exercising so much, I guess they haven't been.

This had me a little bummed out last night and I've been trying to rationalize that I've put on some muscle mass in my legs by doing an insane amount of workouts. I know my gut is noticeably smaller (brother's fiancé commented on it!), but I was really thinking I'd have shed more weight. Good thing is there's no timetable to losing the weight and I know can use the weight-loss excuse even longer for not drinking. I figure I need to lose 10 more pounds to get back to "normal" weight, but I really want to lose 20-30 more pounds and be considered thin.

Today is a work-from-home day for me, which in the past meant I'd go crazy and drink myself stupid the night before. Instead, I went to the gym last night (2nd time of the day) when I had a mild booze craving, and then did some chores around my apartment and got in bed to watch the Mets. They're in California, so 10PM first pitch. I fell asleep in like the 5th inning and was pleasantly surprised when I woke up in the 9th to see they'd actually scored some runs. Our pitching remains outstanding, but our offense is so lousy.

Hope everyone is doing well!