View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 01:35 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yup I agree, unless the ferret was the brains behind the who,e thing, which by the sounds of it is quite possible!!

Marcher I have loathed every committee I have served on ( having been volunteered, never choosing) so it sounds like you have a good bunch of enthusiastic minds there.

Sass I worked in dementia care for a while when we first moved to Scotland. I was bitten, kicked and smeared in excrement. ( though the rest of the staff did eventually take to me!!) it was hard work and frequently a thankless task and often repetitive, we had jail breakers who skidaddled if a door was left unlocked ( it was meant to be a secure unit for that reason) we had someone who kept hiding behind curtains, but we also had lots of lovely patients and then those poignant moments when someone would have total lucidity and recognise who and when they were, and wonder where they were. That was hard,but if you could get them talking it was wonderful.
What gets me most is that certainly here in the UK, you get paid a pittance to do that job, and yet it takes huge strength of character to do it full time long term. I certainly couldn't have. I on,y worked on that particular unit when they were short handed. Often enough to get a real feel for it and to get to know the patients, but I couldn't have done it for any length of time.

Gilmer I'm glad your dad seemed to be okay there, I'm sure he was. Did you enjoy your weekend off??