View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
LBrain

TL, did the spirits tell you I got a new fishing rod? I purchased the one I was going to get last year before my frozen shoulder thing. That ended golf and fishing for me for a while. Still hurts often, no golf but fishing...
Plus I picked up a few odds and ends for fishing. I decided to just take my freshwater fly rod along. I've had it for years and it never saw water. The farthest it got was today when I looked at it. So I figure, use the damned thing already. I already have striper flies as I was going to go near las vegas on the colorado below the hoover dam. This thing isn't really set up for huge fish, so if I hook into one it will be an adventure - fun city!
Anyhow, I gathered up everything and have it sitting in the garage. Tomorrow I pack some clothes and load the jeep with the camping and fishing gear. Wife gets home at 8 AM and I expect to be on the road by 9.

I also explained to the wife that a couple young girls perished kayaking where we are going. Wind took them off course and they fell in. Hypothermia and died. She doesn't know self-rescue techniques. Or anything for that matter. I took a course. But she knows she can get back into the boat after it goes belly up. Sure...