View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
borgs7

Newcomer who needs support!

Hey all,

I have been reading different posts made by people and I have been struggling with the active Heroin addict in my life. I love him dearly and we have been together off and on for almost 3 years. I was not aware of his addiction until a year into our relationship. His behavior has changed and he went from a loving person to an angry hateful person. I helped him detox last October when he finally confessed but his behaviors never changed. I brought it up again a few weeks ago and he has denied hes doing anything. He just lost his job hes had for 5 years and now is making bad decisions and becoming progressively worse.
I attend naranon and alanon meetings weekly but do not have a sponsor. I try my best to be supportive but hes constantly picking fights and saying mean things to me and I do not know what else to do anymore. He calls me names and is rude one moment then a few hours later hes nice again and wants to spend time with me. I am at a loss. Any help or encouraging words are greatly appreciated. I am grateful to all your stories and blogs.