View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
nymets86

Happy Monday! Feels weird saying that, but Mondays are really one time when my sobriety feels so great. I almost never drank on Sundays (can only think of two times ever actually), but it was always a day where I was battling the physical symptoms of a hangover and usually, even worse mental aspects of a massive night or two of drinking. Being up early on a Monday with no worries at all about my actions over the weekend is just such a huge relief.

By not drinking over the holiday weekend, I've now successfully navigated 20 weekends in a row while sober and am quite proud of that accomplishment. I've pretty much had every temptation/trigger thrown at me and feel like my sober plan is now much stronger than it was when I tried quitting last summer and managed a stretch of just 30 days.

I know that next weekend will present another challenge, but I have no class this week and not too many plans at all after work, so know that I need to remain vigilant this week to make sure I don't have another slip up like I did back in April.