View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Cissy

One thing I have discovered in all my back and forths with drinking and sobriety (since really trying to kick it in February), you get to see the stark contrasts of how you feel sober and then how it feels to be buzzed (or worse; crocked.) I found that it wasn't nearly as fun or as tasty as I had grown to believe it was over years and years of chronic use.

Then when I went back to not drinking, it didn't seem so much like punishment or something to be sad about, it felt like plain old intelligence. Exercising my free will to do what truly makes me the happiest and makes the most sense. Makes me feel like a grownup.

I'll be checking in all day and evening cause it's just an ordinary day for me. Going to be pretty hot and the sun's blazing. Landlady just mowed the lawn. I'm hiding in here where it's cool. My big plan is to water the tomato plant later on and give the stalks some shaking. I don't know what's helping but something is! It's beginning to thrive. I even saw one tiny little 'mater! Like the size of a dime, but that gives me hope.

Hope is good! ((((((Hugs)))))) Have an awesome sober Sunday/Monday. Love ya's!