View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
PeanutButterCup

Hello friends!

We went to a different place for fireworks last night, and it was so cool! It was literally in the backyard of a neighborhood, and I'd guess at least a thousand people were there. They'd even set up a HUGE potluck, so free food was everywhere. And the fireworks themselves were the longest, most extravagant show I'd ever seen! I think it went on for close to an HOUR! So cool!

But here's the big thing for ME: I stayed up! ha ha! I've been such an early-to-bedder since I stopped drinking, so this was a big deal. Often I'm in bed by 9pm. Last night it was 1:30am! Thank goodness I got to sleep in today to make up for it. One thing I have learned is that being tired does NOT help my sobriety. Of course, we ended up skipping church today, and we were going to meet our daughter and granddaughter at the service, but we'll see them later instead.

Congrats on 3 months, Aussie!!! Woot woot!!!!!!!

I hope you had fun up north, Mirage! And I hope you brought a blanket. And sweatshirt. And long underwear. And perhaps a space heater. Sheesh. Gotta love Michigan in July, right?