View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
FreeDance

Thanks again for the support. She had another difficult night last night -- went to bed and woke up in pain (she said it hurts all over) and cold/hot/cold. I gave her some naproxen this morning.

She went back home this morning (1 hour away-- her Dad and I transport her and meet halfway). I wanted her to stay but she insists she must work tomorrow, an early shift. She seems in no shape for that.

So she is by herself again. It worries me, but I am trying to accept the things I can't control. I send her encouraging text messages, and she has the hotline number. She knows where to find meetings, doctors, clean/sober support... Of course, she also knows how to find heroin. She seems motivated, but we have been down this road so many times before.

I am sure there are also underlying psychiatric issues that need attention. Bipolar disorder and chronic depression both run in my family, and she was diagnosed with ADD in elementary school. (I have seen her get low and then extremely, irrationally anxious when clean...)

Thanks again.