View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I have a new found respect for the SR family after reviewing the thread Scott linked. I can't believe you guys stuck with me. I was quite the a$$h*le. Not sure I could have stuck with it. It's frightening to me that I was well into a drinking session at what...like 9:45AM? So basically there was no ending to the first session. Abhorrent behavior is what I would call it. What I keep thinking right now to myself is "damn, what a d**k.
I agree! No beating yourself up! Jeff, you are not a bad person....you are a sick person. I'm sick too. I'm not bad trying to be good, I'm sick trying to get well! God doesn't make junk!

The alcohol is what makes us crazy. The alcohol is why we do and say the things we do. It's not YOU or ME. We are good people. Alcohol is evil and when we drink it we do things we would never do when sober.

If there is anyone on here throwing stones at you for past behavior (while drinking), SHAME ON THEM!

I care about you and want BOTH of us to stay sober and get our lives back. Shame and fear are the top 2 reasons people relapse. I think resentment is up there too. I have to watch all of those things!

I'm hopping off here now to read my mediations, pray, jump in the shower, eat breakfast and head to an AA meeting. Remember....SOBRIETY is an ACTION WORD! ;-)

Today is INDEPENDENCE day! INDEPENDENT from alcohol!!!! Free from it! Free from the evil, the poison, the misery....

24 hours Jeff. Let's not drink for 24 hours! Ok?