View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
nymets86

Ready, I hope the Paxil brings you relief.

My doctor was saying that my ADHD medication likely fuels the anxiety around dating since it's a stimulant, so he simply suggested I not take it the day when I do have a date. I'd be a mess at work that day, but I'm more than willing to have a useless day at work if it means I'd not be a nervous wreck in the hours leading up to the date. We talked a lot about how irrational the fear is, and that's helped, but I haven't been on a date since this, so hard to know how I'll feel.

Anyway, did my 8-mile run yesterday and it was great. Then went hiking with my dad, brother and his fiancé. About a 2-mile hike, so loads easier than our Father's Day hike, but after an 8-mile run, it felt strenuous. My cardio level is just awesome right now and my brother's fiancé even commented on how much weight I'd lost and told me to share some tips with her brother since he's also in the wedding party and is quite a bit heavier than I'd been. I took it as a compliment, even though she clearly insinuated that she's happy I'm thinner for her upcoming wedding. (I'm reading way too much into that!)

Just about to head out for a 7-mile run, though the weather stinks today compared to yesterday. Then a fireworks show this evening at a neighboring lake where a friend of mine has a mansion. I've gotten trashed at that party in the past, but I'm the DD tonight, eventhough nobody in family drinks much and would be fine for any of them to drive too. I still haven't told them that I'm quitting booze, can't bring myself to say it. But actions can speak louder than words and they've not seen me drink since sometime in early Febraury.

Happy 4th of July!