View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 12:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
MelindaFlowers

I'll admit that I get frustrated with how prevalent alcohol and drinking is on holidays. I was just looking at a friend's facebook page today with pictures of people on the river in Austin, Texas, literally hundreds of people drinking beer on innertubes and boats.

I've come to accept though that there is a certain type of person who can party it up and drink heavily on holiday weekends and then hang it up til the next holiday weekend a few months later.

My brother is one of these people. He is a "guy's guy" and "gets his drink on" probably three to four times a year. He's a family man and only does it when camping with the guys, the beach, whatever. You could probably count the number of times he drinks per year on two hands. Two to three of those times are heavy drinking sessions.

I used to wish I was one of those people that could "enjoy" partying a few times a year but I'm just a bird of a different feather.

On a sad note, I saw today a posting about a young (maybe 23) handsome guy who died at an outdoor festival, drinking in the hot sun and he died of dehydration. So even for the holiday warriors, drinking is still really dangerous.

I really just don't like alcohol for anybody.