View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
I'm sorry to read about your situation. Do you have an agreement with your husband that you will not attend events with him where he and/or others will be drinking? Does he not invite you, or do you decline his invitations? Do you discuss your concerns with him? If so, do either of you make adjustments based on your concerns? Based on your comments, it seems that your husband does a lot of things on his own that involve drinking. I'm wondering whether or not this may be another source of your anger. It's tough enough to be married to someone who drinks regularly, if not also alcoholically, but being left alone so much in any relationship can be a bitter pill to swallow.
He doesn't drink in the house but he likes to go out with the guys on Friday nights and has for years. I sit here with the kids at home. It pretty much sucks and you're right....it's lonely. (It doesn't suck being with my kids just being lonely in my marriage).

He has admitted that he really likes to drink. I don't believe he's an alcoholic, but who knows? I've asked him to take a break from it to support me and he doesn't. I don't know. It's just a screwed up situation. It would be so much easier if I was married to someone who didn't drink AT ALL but I'm not.

He's not gonna change. I have 2 choices:
1. Divorce him for having a few drinks every week
2. Try to focus on my own sobriety and hope things get better
3. Take a one way trip to Mars. HaHa. Sorry....humor helps me. I get tired of crying!

I just don't know. All I know is I need to stay sober. AA says "no major changes in the first year" so maybe I will revisit this next year....June 2016.

I'm just so confused about everything in my life now. I'm just gonna take it one baby step at a time, stay sober, therapy and work the 12 steps. I am trying to have faith that God has a plan for my life and wants me to be happy.

If he didn't have a plan for my life (or yours or any alcoholic)....we'd probably be dead. BUT....He gave us all another chance. :-)

By the way...thanks for caring! :-)