View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
LimitedLemur

I'm sure we've all been there. Hell, I'm here right now because my stupid brain was telling me mostly the same things. "I've been doing so well. Maybe I can just do a glass of wine with dinner." Hahah, luckily I know myself too well. One glass will turn into the bottle, and if I just so happen to pass out before I finish it, I'll feel like crap tomorrow, giving me the excuse to drink to nurse the hangover. And the cycle repeats. Ugh.

I'm still at the point where I know how harmful alcohol has been for me. I remember sitting down one night with some schnapps and thinking, "why do I even like this? What does it do for me?" Other than making me forget and not care (aka bad coping mechanisms), there's not a single thing I even like about drinking.

You're obviously here because alcohol hasn't been good to you. Always remember why you decided you needed to give it up. I'm guessing those reasons haven't really changed. Stay strong and just have fun without it. I'll bet you'll even remember the good times when you're done (unlike when you're drunk).