View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Kiddo's g/f--more drama

So his dad called last night to tell me she "took off" again. I've been carrying the phone in case anyone calls, but hadn't heard anything, so I texted my son this morning. Apparently her dad told her he'd filed a missing persons report, so she flew out of state and is staying at a hotel and driving a rental car. My son's talked to her a few times. Sounds like she'd just trying to "escape" from life in general, not eating (or, rather, eating and purging), and says she will be back in a few days.

Son didn't want to talk, but I told him to call me if he did, and suggested he talk to SOMEBODY--a friend, or even to drop into an Al-Anon meeting.

So prayers and good thoughts for him and his g/f would be appreciated. G/f suffers from an eating disorder and is going through some other emotional stuff with mom terminally ill and pressures at work. She's been accepted to an outpatient program but hasn't gone yet.

Ugh. Not much I can do, other than what I am doing. I feel bad for his dad, who takes things much more to heart than I do, and is dealing with other emotional stuff right now, as well.