View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
TigerLili

HI all. I am still no further in my 3 slipped disc treatment. The last neurologist I saw said they couldn't do the injections they might normally do as the discs are too close to the spinal cord. I just have to double the dose of Lyrica and suck it up.

I can't accept that. So I searched and asked for referrals and am seeing my GP on Tuesday to get a referral to a top neurosurgeon.

I have good days and bad days. I'm focusing on getting my house read for sale doing what I can and outsourcing the rest. It's Friday night here and the marketing photos happen on Monday and the first open house is next Saturday. Wish me luck! Our housing market is insane. The bubble will pop soon, surely. I'm gagging to get out.

Remember my neighbour who I mentioned was really nice and then casually dropped into conversation that he was in jail for armed robbery and assault? He also said he used heroin in his teens, and then casually informed me he had been using ice regularly until he purchased the flat next door to me 8 months ago. He had a motorcycle accident on the way to work and smashed up his leg. He had surgery on it a few days ago and I suspect he has started using heroin again. He said he got his brother to get him some for the pain when he first had his accident. He also said he used to deal drugs.

Not my circus, not my monkey. I can't get out of here fast enough. The only reason I am troubled by his circumstance is that he got two kittens when he moved in and I worry the he won't take care of them properly if he's using again. I can't get far enough away from active drug users and drug dealers. It's pretty scary when you live alone and he has god knows who coming to the flat next door to me bringing him god knows what. I just keep smiling and being polite and asking about his cats.