View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  
nymets86

Well, Day 71 is underway. About to go for a jog in Central Park (or elliptical in the gym, haven't decided, haha).

Then it's a short day of work and I get out at noon, after which I'm heading out of the city to meet my brother. Going to play golf this afternoon (great forecast in the northeast), then the two of us are heading to our parents' lake house. Planning some hiking, tennis, fishing, boating, trail clearing, biking and just flat out relaxing. I'm looking forward to a mostly temptation free weekend. I know in some previous years, I've brought a 6-pack in my kayak when I went out to watch the fireworks. I will NOT be doing that this year.

Dinner in Brooklyn last night was solid, though I did catch myself setting extra alarm clocks in my apartment when I was getting ready to leave, "just in case I drank." It was nice getting home and turning all the extra alarms off. I never came remotely close to drinking while there, though obviously I thought about it before leaving.

Well, I've decided now. It's a gym morning! Will jog outdoors all weekend at the lake and don't want to make my joints take any more of a beating than is necessary, so the elliptical is my decision.

Ready, glad to hear things are going well for you and you're rocking sobriety.

Torn/60, I hope to hear from you soon and I hope you are doing well and were able to get back on track.