Old 07-01-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JoeinHouston

10 days in and feeling great, except for the fatigue

Ten days into sobriety - again - and feeling and functioning as well as ever. Sleeping 6+ hrs per night with minimal disturbance (even my bladder works better without the alcohol I guess) and of course waking up 100% clear-headed and alert. What a pleasure!

I've forgotten how much fun it is to tackle a day without that sour feeling in your stomach, the dull fog surrounding your brain/thinking and the barely suppressed and pervasive anxiety about the past, present and future.

Now, I am just looking one way and that is forward.

The only downer is fatigue which manifests itself when I am exercising (training for a marathon). In the past quitting booze tended to give me a lot more energy and 'zip' but not this time, at least not yet. I hope the energy level will be back up to normal soon.

One other benefit: weight loss - down 3 lbs since June 22nd. Full disclosure: I am counting calories and carefully watching what I eat so that probably has something to do with it too. And working out. Trying to find my abs, last seen in public around 1987. :-)