Thread: I am terrified
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Congrats on making a decision to begin a happier, healthier, more serene life, bighaircut. Having that heart to heart with your husband is a great first step. Building accountability to myself and to others has been the cornerstone of my recovery this time. I'm on day 55.

Not sure where you're located but in many bigger cities, there are AA groups specifically set up for professionals in various careers where anonymity is an even bigger concern than normal--doctors, lawyers, police officers, priests, pharmacists, etc. You might call your local AA hotline (should be a number in your phone book) and see if such meetings exist in your area. Though I've seen all of the above professionals in regular AA meetings as well and never heard of any issues of their anonymity being broken.

If AA still isn't an option, maybe you can do some one-on-one counseling with an addiction counselor.

I highly suggest joining and actively participating in the Class of July 2015 thread in this same forum. It's a great way to learn from and help others who are also in early recovery.

Wishing you the best today. Check in often!