View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Happy Canada Day! It's a national holiday today. I have found that I made no plans for the day. I am actually looking forward to just spending a regular day around here with my son. I will probably give the stinky dog a bath today, now that I will have some help, he's a big strong dog who hates baths.

I got through an emotional roller coaster of a day yesterday and feel much stronger today. Thankful for SR and my husband. I could not find time yesterday for quiet meditation, so today will be the day. I find it really helps with staying the present moment. I agree about thinking forward causing anxiety, but sometimes in recovery we have to think forward to plan, as long as it stays reasonable. No need to panic about some unforeseen event that may not even happen.

As for the depression, yes, it is a symptom is alcohol abuse. I find that I am not in the deep dark place anymore, and I am learning to cope with lifes ups and downs with a clear head. Some days I wish I could just curl up in a ball and ignore the situation, but it just doesn't work for me anymore. I find I am bouncing back, with more pep in my step. I slept in in purpose this morning, and I feel great. I don't have that chronic feeling fatigue that plagued me in early recovery. That is in the past, and I really don't want to go back there, so no drinking for me today!