View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Let's face it, being a drunk is a lot of work. IMO, being a drunk is a lot more work than not being a drunk. Just think of all the effort it takes to continue to drink. When you list all the stuff you have to do to continue this lifestyle, it would be long. For me, it takes a lot less thinking to go from point A to point B without all the little things to consider. If I want to go to a movie, I get up, dress and go. If I want to go to the beach, I pack what I need and go. No need to plan around my shakes or which liquor store to go to. Now that's freedom. Even free to have a bad day is freedom, because it's real and will pass. Addiction just keeps you stuck in the moment. The excitement of the highs and lows and the growth that comes from it doesn't happen when drinking. Life just gets dull. For me, what makes life worthwhile is not just the good things that happen but the challenge of dealing with difficult circumstances, and finding ways to work through them. So I say, get up and fight. Appreciate what you have and appreciate what your future holds for you. John