Old 06-30-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Quick check-in ...

Landscaper dude just left. Lots of good discussion and conversation, and laughs. He looked over the yard and listened to all my ideas. Said I'm on the right track for sure. The design in my yard was good, if a tiny bit too large (I agree), the maple tree needs to stay, the crape myrtle and dogwood additions are a good idea, same for the hydrangeas and camellias. He liked the flagstone and creeping jenny or creeping thyme idea on either side of the house. Loved my mailbox garden and said it looks professional.

He recommended nandina (don't know what that is yet), as well as the rental of a sod machine to go deep enough to root up all the weeds. He will haul it over here. Said I will regret it if I attempt to dig up sod by hand, and I am going to go along with this for sure. My husband said ok to it. He is also going to haul us the topsoil and mulch in bulk to save a little money. And he's going to email me suggestions for perennials over the next few days and weeks.

Now I'm off to the orthodontist, and then to Sam's to take a look at some pergo flooring.