View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Cynderino

Hi buds! Sorry I have been MIA. I feel like a pinball bouncing around between all my summer activities and the kids. I have been working very closely with my new sponsor and she is fabulous. I am learning so much about myself and how to be in a relationship, how to live based on a set of spiritual principles (kindness, love, honesty, willingness) and identifying my patterns of behavior that lead to my unhappiness. It has been really great and I feel like this sobriety thing has gone to the next level. This is exactly what I had been hoping for in a sponsor.

I am a pretty open person and make friends easily. I tend towards guy friends because there is usually less drama and more goofiness. I am finding that these kinds of friendships actually hurt the romantic relationship for me. I am working on boundaries and saving intimacy for my relationship with AA Guy. By intimacy, I mean the things we discuss. It is a whole new approach for me and it feels good. And honest.

The kids are doing great. Having lots of fun with their friends and going to the pool. Jonah's baseball season wraps up next week and then we'll be totally free in the evenings. I am looking forward to that!

I will be at a lot of Royals games though. 17 home games in July! Since I am a season ticket holder for the full season I get to do a meet and greet with the players this Sunday. I am taking my kids and one of Jonah's best buds. They are beside themselves excited to get to meet their favorite players. Jonah thinks Moustakis walks on water so he really wants a picture with him!

DD - glad to hear the job quitting went without drama. What's next for you?

WD - congrats on your milestone! I was thinking October is not too far away for us. Almost two years. Holy cats!

Love you guys! XOXO