View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Austin4Wyo

Did the daily purchase for a while. When I lived in Laramie, WY, it was easy enough to rotate stores. I'd drive across town on Sunday and Monday to Albertson's, which had the best selection, hit up Safeway, which was walking distance, during the week when I'd buy my cheap groceries, and Thursday through Saturday/Sunday, I'd buy package on my way out of the bar (many watering holes have their own liquor store in Wyoming).

I was making reasonable money, around three times what my cost of living was (rent, utilities, transportation, etc), but all the extra was budgeted for my drinking. Toward the end of a pay period, I typically curtailed going out to the bars because package was cheaper.

I don't miss that. There's nothing redeeming in looking at your bank statement and seeing 30-40 purchases on package liquor alone. There's nothing awesome about passing out drunk, and coming to in a panic because I almost slept till the liquor stores closed and I have to rush to stock up until tomorrow. There's nothing enjoyable about being too drunk to go to the store that night but knowing I don't have enough to continue my drunk at the level.of inebriation I desire, or getting around that by taking 8 Benadryl and drinking more to literally knock me out enough to be unconscious until the stores opened the next day.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Sober Recovery