View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
changeneeded

Hi Liz,
Please don't feel guilty, you've done what you thought best and I would bet it was (is) best.

Our church has several home schooled kids ;My girls are great friends with them. The girls were have always attended public school.

I am amazed at how mature and intelligent these kids are. At my youngest daughter senior english class the kids were to give a speech on someone in their life who was their hero, someone who they saw that modeled to them strength and greatness. This one boy who spoke was homeschooled all his life until his senior year. He spoke about how much he believed his parents sacrafieced for him to learn and grow at home. He would never trade it for anything. His mom to was worried for him when he went to public school, but he proved her wrong.

I'm telling you this because I believe with all my heart he will be okay. Even though I've never met you or your son. I say this because I have not one young person that has been taught and schooled at home , that did not blow me away with their strength and knowledge!

Have faith in what you've taught him. He will do just fine, and..... kids are resiliant.