Old 06-27-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TheSereneTheif

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome TheSereneTheif and thanks for sharing some of your story

I'm musician too - but I had to get real - was I in it for the music - or the party?

If I can do it, you can too - SR helped me turn my life around - I know we can help you too
That's pretty reassuring. I mean, yea, I think that a good long hard look at the state of my musicianship is in high order. Not just musicianship, but the way I relate to others. **** like that .

God it's just so much easier to socialize and be happy with people once you have that alcoholic connection. It's quick and easy to achieve and it feels good. Like a true connection, even though it's at least faked some of the time.

I think maybe I will stop the bars, but keep jamming with friends. I got a close of mine to agree that he'll help in keeping me away from beer . No pints anywhere. No one to carry my drunk ass home.

I'm okay if I have someone or something to be accountable to. But it's once I get in those moments when the care goes out the window.

And I get the whole 'If I can do it, you can.' Musicians are a bit of a reckless bunch, and I feel like it's one of the harder positions to be getting sober from in life. It's an inspiration to hear it from someone who really has a handle on it and can manage both sides of that coin effectively.