Old 06-27-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Originally Posted by learningagain View Post
I really need to work out my tummy and butt!
One thing about my little foray into fitness ... I learned you can't "spot reduce" so I feel it is my duty to inform anyone here that it is a myth. You can lose in general ... and that means you lose water, muscle, as well as fat. Or, you gain ... again, water, muscle, and fat.

Diet is very important. And it about simple math when you are trying to lose. You simply consume a LITTLE less than you burn. You need to learn about TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), and use a calculator to begin to figure yours out.

Now, when you start to lift weights you will see a small gain initially after your lifting, and that is water gain. It is how your muscles protect themselves, because essentially you are injuring them. Tearing them down, for them to rebuild. Please don't be alarmed, and learn to get past this

Only if you stick with a routine will you see consistent loss. And that loss will be over TIME Sometimes you will see the "swoosh" losses, and sometimes you will plateau. Stick with it, keep going.

I used a weigh scale once per MONTH And I used a mirror (naked) to assess the real results ... cause that's the best way to gauge them.

Ok, off the soapbox now