View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by Dharma33 View Post
For me, I try to boil down taking a drink to something very black and white. When I get a thought of taking a drink, I don't consider it a craving. It's a thought, a force of habit. My response? I don't drink. I don't believe we are powerless over the thought of taking a drink. It's a thought, that's all. A blip of words in our brain. If I decide to act and take that drink, I have made a choice. I give the thought of having a drink the same power as I do the thought of wearing short sleeves when it is warm out. The thought comes, I act on it. When I think of ordering a drink, I don't take action. When I think of stopping at the store for a bottle, I don't take action. This is how I think of it. I didn't give in to a monster. It didn't force me. If I drink, I made the choice. If I drink, I suffer the consequences.
You must be a lot stronger than me. I have a very difficult time not giving I to my cravings. What support do you use besides SR? Do you have a lot of supportive people around you? Just curious.