Old 06-26-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

Tetra I am so glad that you are opening up and I bet that you look beautiful with that new haircut I have long hair but with this heat it would be almost tempting to cut it!
Being running around with the good old pony tail and I am so grateful for my A/C.
I hope all the new people are hanging there.
The heat can also give ammunition to the addictive voice. I have a little bit of time under my belt but this afternoon I had a fleeting thought that it was a perfect weather for an ice cold beer on my front porch. I recognized it immediately for what it was ... addictive voice popping its head out and it went away.
My AV is very quiet and I seldom think about alcohol but it will never go completely away: it is what it is.
The thing is that we do not have to act on those thoughts. As long as I accept that I can never drink safely again and that I value my sobriety and don't negotiate my abstinence I ll be ok.
The key is to learn to recognize it and not bargain with it. There is tons of support on SR and out there. For new people it might be more difficult but the longer you stay sober the easier it gets
There are also many of wonderful refreshing non alcoholic drinks like that one I saw posted on FB and that I am probably going to be making

Now that's one good front porch drink!