Old 06-26-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I think it's neat you want to get your dogs their own boat. I doubt they'll be able to get back on themselves after they decide to jump in. And I think you are going to spend an awful lot of time trying to help them back in the boat - assuming they want back.

Years ago I was canoeing on the Delaware near the border of new york. My lab decided he wanted to jump in after some ducks. I think about a quarter mile down river I finally caught up to him and got him to the bank so I could load his ass back in the canoe.

I vote for a paddle board for the dogs. You can still tow it and they can get back on more easily. Find a cheap one. They're very stable and I've seen dogs on them before.
That's good info. Thanks, LBrain I've told my husband. We'll keep this in mind.

You know, I bet the dogs would be more likely to stay in the kayaks if they are on the kayaks with us. If they're separated, they'd probably jump in and swim to us anyway. We got the new kayaks because they hold more weight than our old ones, so that we can take the dogs along. He is thinking of putting some type of flat surface in to customize a seat for the dogs so they won't slide around.