View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Change4good View Post
Hi All,

Curious to hear from those who have had lasting sobriety. How did you get there? What was your "plan" if you had one?

Dee, if you are up for sharing, I would like to hear what your path was. I know you didn't do AA, and am curious about your approach.

Thanks in advance.
Not sure how you want to quantify lasting sobriety, but I will tell you how I got to a year.

I went to an AA meeting about everyday. I embraced the program of recovery and the book of Alcoholics Anonymous.

I felt better on some days - walked out mad on other days. Felt like tossing it in more than once. Nothing I did was perfect I don't recommend the exact way I did things to anyone, ever.

I did one thing perfectly though - I did not drink and have not changed my sobriety date. Good days or bad I am an alcoholic. If I want a chance at any sort of life I needed to stop and stay stopped.

I think overall do what cause you to have action and not just passive thoughts. This idea of action helped me.

You came to the right place - lot's of templates for how to. Can't wait for you to share your experiences in sobriety