View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

Past few days i've been seeing the same bumper sticker:

DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK.

since you've mentioned AA, meetings and the Big Book again, here's my suggestion:

Go to a meeting every day, for the next 90 days.
DO NOT DRINK.
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

that means for the next 90 days if they say paint yourself green, stand on your head and sing the Star Spangled Banner, YOU DO IT.

if they ask you to read during the intro or during a step meeting, YOU DO IT.

if they ask you to help make coffee, empty ashtrays, or go to the 12th step shop to get 1 year coins for the birthday meeting, YOU DO IT.

when they say KEEP COMING BACK, do it.

because you my darling, don't know jack doodly squat about staying sober on your own. so you go to those who do, and you do what they do. you show up early, and stay late. you stay IN the meeting, not outside on a 30 minute smoke break. and you take this VERY SERIOUSLY. it's not a social gathering. no one is out to GET you.

NO ONE is going to be surprised if someone announces they relapsed. its a damn AA meeting for pete's sake! and no one cares. we don't go to impress others or to not disappoint others, we go to keep our asses SOBER. that is the objective. the whole purporse. The group is there to carry the message. and sistah, you NEED the message!!!

so let's drop the whole "but i used to have...." stuff now ok? we get it. what you REALLY have is TODAY. don't drink and you won't you get drunk.