View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Melissa0067

I want to say this, he has never taken anything from me. He has not stolen any money from me, taken anything I owned to pawn, and I have never given him any money. He has made his own way for the 2 years of our relationship. He saved every penny to buy his truck. When he has extra money on any given month he would give me extra for bills and household items. That much I am thankful for and makes me believe he wants to stay clean and live a normal life.

He unfortunately has no family. His grandparents were his parents, they are both dead. He never knew his dad, he left when mom was pregnant with him, and when he went looking for him at 18, he was dead. His only sibling, a brother, is a schizophrenic and lives in a group home. His mom had mental problems and lived in a group home. Very nice woman, she died last February.. I can't even imagine what that is like, to have no family to lean on. My family is his only family now.

When he called today he was with his counselor discussing an aftercare plan, I hope they come up with something solid. I am not ready to write him off right now but I'm not ready to be with him. We both have work to do, albeit him more than me. one step at a time in the relationship department. He has to put himself first, I told him as much.