View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Melissa0067

So he called me yesterday at work, he's getting out Sunday. No mention of a family meeting. It makes me so mad that because of insurance they let them out so fast. What can really be accomplished in a couple of days? Maybe you're physically detoxed but what about mentally and all the reasons behind it? It's no wonder they end up back in detox time and time again. I hope he follows through on recovery and doesn't try to be the tough guy who can handle it on his own when he gets out.

As for me, cooking and baking is a hobby and a passion in life for me. I have been looking into classes to take, granted they are all around $75 a piece, which sucks but I need to do it. I am trying to find my joy in life. This is something that I've wanted to do for a few years so I am going to force myself to start going and doing things like this. That is part of how I will focus on myself. I have a client that's interested in going with me so that should be fun. There's a pizza class that I'd really like to take, a Chinese cooking one and I'd like to find a cake decorating one.

I have to keep. Yield from wanting to do things and fix things for him. I'm some more to take what clothes are in his truck and wash them for him so that when he gets out he will have some clean clothing to wear. I want too get his inspection sticker done because he blew it off and forgot about it when he was on the streets and it's overdue. You have to get it within 7 days of registering a car. I want to put minutes in his phone so he will have a way to communicate when he is out. I want to make a plan for him so he will not go right back to how he was living lately.

It will take all my might not to do these things. In my head I keep saying that if he has some positive things when he gets out it will help him go in the right direction, I need too stop that. I'm not sure anymore what's enabling and what's supportive. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. What would you do?