Old 06-26-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
LBrain

hellooooooooooooooo, went fishing yesterday. Long day. Fish for dinner tonight, sea bass and flounder. Still on ice. Didn't bring home enough for more than one big fish dinner. Missed a few, many short ones and 3 dog fish, one a 3 footer. The guy next to me one the boat was hammering the flounder - experience and the right equipment definitely count.

The conditions were perfect on the water. Except for drift fishing. Not a cloud in the sky and no breeze. Water was glass. So those of use that had to drag the bottom were SOL. When the capt parked the boat it just sat there. I mean dead stop lined straight down kind of miracle. Next time I spool up a spinning rod with some power pro and jig some plastic squids. Yep, "Honey, I need some more fishing STUFF."

Drove the last hour home in the rain.

My first fishing trip not drinking. Funny thing, as I was aware of it I was checking out the boat for people drinking. I thought everyone drank on a fishing boat. NOPE, they don't. Seems drinking a twelve pack on a day of fishing is NOT normal. Very few people were actually drinking beer. And most waited until the boat pulled back into the marina. WHAT?

So now I can add fishing on a boat and not drinking while doing it as another one of my favorite things to do. Yeah, people actually fish without drinking. AMAZING!