MesaMan

Ahem

There once was a poor Gal named Della
Got beat out by some mornin' Fella
You'd know she'd be fun
If she'd get Shotgun
She'd feel just like some Rockefella!

Burma Shave

This new and exciting day sees our House getting Appraised by the Bank at Noon with only our Realtor on site. The other Realtor From Hell was somehow convinced that the World will continue to rotate if she doesn't show up here today for another Home Invasion. Actually, I have my own ideas re: how she can rotate, but that discussion is for another day.

Part of the 'Game' is to show the Appraiser 'Comps', or comparable, recent Home Sales to persuade them to maximize their Appraised Value. We don't have a Dog in this Fight, but it benefits our Buyer. The more she can borrow at the current historically-low Interest Rate, the more Coinage she'll have for her Remo ideas. Also, it provides a higher aggregate 'Base', apparently, for subsequent, local Home Sales and Appraisals; something Realtors like. With the Buyer's $85,000 Down available at Closing, it'll happen irrespective of Appraised Value. We have to endure no more Home Invasion Visits until just before we Close, so Life here is back to non-stressed 'Normal'.

Went to a younger Teacher Pal's House last night for BBQ, and watched a phenom Lightning Storm off in the distance. Turns out that a former Student of Da Wife's lives just across the Road; something unknown prior. Through a chance discussion, she was invited over for Sober Giggles. In a Trip down Memory Lane, she recalled when she finally talked her Dad into letting my Rockabilly Band play a 4-F Dance at the Fair Grounds circa early '80s. She 'fessed up to bringing Vodka in Orange Juice to High School every day for 2 years while chastising my Teacher Wife for not 'telling her' early on she was Gay. Not an uncommon Scenario... This Student struggled with coming out for this same 2 years. Various Teachers she had - including my Wife - knew this Gal's Orientation long before she could admit it to herself. Rural High Schools were mighty rough environments for Gay Kids ~30 years ago. Still are.

I broke some new ground in asking Da Wife in advance if she could not drink last night. With some hesitation, she agreed, and all were had by a good time because of it. This should make subsequent Alcohol-free Evenings easier to realize. In theory...-)

That said, a new 1.75 L 'Handle' of 'Skyy' Vodka is under the Bar as of this morning. I've got no issues with her couple of 'Moscow Mules' [Vodka in Ginger Beer]. The same Handle that lasted me ~2 days lasts her for ~2 weeks. I've got endless House-related Guano to focus on, so my side of the Street is busy and clean.

Lookin' forward to a fine ride this Weekend.

When in doubt, pour it out.

Here's a lil Tune dedicated to maximized Home Appraisal Values..

- 'Pump It Up' ~ Elvis Costello.