View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Faker

SR and all of you saved me tonight

I returned from my 5 day camping trip tonight with much anxiety. My 4 kids arguing the whole ride home, everyone hungry and my AV going crazy. The closer to home we got, the more anxious and jittery I became. Home right at dinner time and nothing in the house to eat. Kids crying, my husband trying to park the travel trailer and button everything up. Had to go to the store for some dinner. I asked my husband to do it because I was in the danger zone. He was too busy with the camping gear. Asked the kids to come with me, they were exhausted and sunburned and wouldn't come. Driving there on my own I wanted to cry because I knew I was going to buy a bottle of wine. My heart was literally hammering in my chest. I pulled into the lot and sat for a minute before pulling out my phone and looking up my very first post. The one where I was hating my life and begging for help. Then I read all your comments and welcomes and encouragements. I kid you not, as I read a song came on the radio that began, "for all you addicted and broken, you're not alone." My courage was up. I ran into the store, grabbed some veggies and soup, paid as fast as I could and ran back to my car. Whew! I am now home in my pjs and safe. My AV is still going crazy, but I am sober. End of day six.