View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
LBrain

First, I want to apologize to all the realtors out there. Car salesmen are worse than realtors.
Lunch finishing up. Went to home depot and picked up 3 bags of mulch for 10 bucks. Need to at least make my flower garden look half way decent. I should have my own parking space at HD for how often I'm there.

Okay, the times you wish you had a video camera.
This morning I when I was watering my sunflower babies I noticed a commotion up top. Two robins got inside my net cage and were trying to get out. I need to work on it. As I approached they panicked and were going berserk trying to escape. Hitting the netting and falling down etc. Then the neighbors cat shows up and sees the birds inside the netting. He wants in! First he tries an aerial entrance and bounces on the top of the net - think trapeze artist. He manages to get back on the fence and climbs down for a low approach. By the way, I spooked him yesterday and he ran full speed into the 'invisible' net and bounced back. Precious! He finds the way in next to fence that wasn't put up as sound as it could have been. Now all hell breaks loose! He's chasing around the robins who are flying and bouncing back. I approach and he realizes I am there and tries to make an escape. Up the fence he goes only to be turned back by the netting. After the fourth try he squeezes between the net and fence to make his escape. It looked like something from a cartoon the way he went into the net and was bounced back to earth. All the while I'm starting to panic hoping nobody gets hurt. Meanwhile the birds are frolicking around trying to get out. Suddenly one flies directly at me and miraculously flies through the net. I side step him. The other one has calmed down but is still trying to fly through the net. I went to the garage for a fishing net and when I returned with net they were gone.
So part of my afternoon will be fixing the next so they can't get in easily.

Now I remember why I didn't put up netting last year. I spent almost an hour cutting a bird from the net a couple years ago. But, I want my blueberries this year! I let them have the cherries the greedy bath terds.

It's hot as ________ here! Insert word. Looks like thunderstorm on the horizon. Which reminds me of a song.