Thread: Sober Birthday
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lola23

Sober Birthday

Hi All,
So its my birthday today and guess what...I'm sober! It's awesome. I also happen to hit 30 days tomorrow, 1 day after my birthday so while I am happy about it, all of the milestones have caused me a little anxiety for the few days leading up to today, so I just wanted to post to get some of it out there.

Today I feel better than I did last week thinking about what will happen when my birthday came and I'm not drinking. But to be honest, I don't want to drink. Now, granted its only 8:45 am here...but in the past, that never stopped me from thinking about when I would start drinking. But today, with the help from all you fine folks here and my new friends in AA, I have a plan for today. I am working from home (dangerous for me in the past), but I have an appointment with my trainer at 10am. And then I plan to take myself out to lunch somewhere...won't be a long lunch b/c I do have to work, but its still something. And this evening, I plan to go to a meeting. It is the first meeting I walked into 5 weeks ago, and its become my favorite group, so as weird as it sounds that I want to spend my birthday there, I truly do.
I have no plans with friends today and I prefer it that way for now...I just do NOT want to go into why I'm not drinking. Sure I can do the whole "oh, just for health, I'm training for something, I'm on medication, etc, etc" but I just don't feel like having to do that, not today.

Anyways, thanks for letting me post. I'm glad I'm here on SR today, reading and posting, b/c you all give me strength.