View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by March1234 View Post

I divorced my wife of 40 years a few years ago because of her alcohol problem that we tried solving for about 20 years without success. After many councilors, expensive full time programs, etc., etc., nothing worked and I gave up.
My ex wife had been sober for the previous 16 months, however, she occasionally had some wine with friends. She had totally quit the binge drinking and remained sober (by definition, I mean not under the influence).
I'm also a drinker, but a moderate light beer drinker, and don't ever get high,
So, here's my question: Where can I go, or what forum can I post in to get information and knowledge that will support her with her soberness?
Also, looking for alternative ideas, perhaps hypnosis, medication to prevent drinking, and other things that could be an option.
from my computer dictionary:
"Abuse:
noun |əˈbyoōs|
1. the improper use of something : alcohol abuse"

Well, doesn't it make sense that the healthy proper use of alcohol is to feel the effects of alcohol on the mind and body, to whatever degree, and to not get into trouble while enjoying the high?

It sounds like your special friend abused alcohol on the excessive side for a long time as it caused a lot of trouble for you two.

But, what about the idea that you are improperly using alcohol, therefore abusing alcohol, on the wasted attempt side of drinking - you are "a moderate … drinker, and don't ever get high".
So, your decades long beverage expenses seem to have been spent to no avail, as I understand the logic of drinking alcohol.

It seems like your special friend is trying to "use" alcohol as you do - drink alcohol and "never get high".

What are the details of the "scare (had two drinks)"?

What was scary? Exhibiting the effects of enjoying the pleasure of alcohol? Showing being "high"?