View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
happytobealive1

Checking in again. I'm gearing up to relocate: moving to a temporary job this week, then moving in for real in three weeks to the place where I will be living for the next year. Packing woes aside (NOTHING revs my anxiety like packing!), I'm trying to figure out ways to make the next year better than the last one. Last year I kept withdrawing, withdrawing, withdrawing until I became a bit of a hermit on some days. I had friends, I went to class...but I went straight back to my dorm after class, either self-medicated with food or desperately tried other things (solitaire, sudoku, online window-shopping, etc.) to "take a break" that just didn't really affect my anxiety level. Going anywhere felt like such a struggle. I'm hoping that won't happen again this year, but I never really figured out why it happened last year. I don't really know what I can do differently.

What do you all do when you get home, tired and overwhelmed from the day? Do you have a way to take (mental or actual) breaks during the day? Do they help?