Old 06-22-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
This was Verte's post that I mentioned. I found it. It was a month ago. Time flies

"I'm going to be totally honest here. You have long, beautiful tresses and have had them all your life. You watch the Olympics and decide you want to be just like Dorothy Hamill when you grow up. Starting with your hair.

If day one of sobriety was sitting in the chair and getting a hair cut just like Dorothy, then 4 months of sobriety was that awkward in-between hair stage where you cannot use a barrette and it is still too short for a ponytail (of course, after realizing that you look nothing like Dorothy, are not Dorothy, never will be and started growing out your hair as soon as you could, vowing to never do anything so crazy with your hair by choice ever again for the rest of your life). Crazy kids. Hang in there! The 4 month strangeness passes."
Cool.

Dorothy and Hair.

In "The Wizard of Oz" there are only a few gaffs, amazing for a 1939 film that still holds up today - but one of them is a costume error that drives me crazy-er.

In the scene when Dorothy first meets the Scarecrow, she had two vastly different hair lengths. This:

...and then the other length is about two inches past the ribbons: so much shorter. I can't even find a picture of it online. But it's in the same scene! C'mon, gaffs! Now it will bug you and you'll think that you'll look the next time - but you'll forget. This is one time that it pays to have faith. I wouldn't lie to you.